Ectopic Pregnancy Symptoms | Signs, Risk Factor & Treatment | अस्थानिक गर्भावस्था | फर्टिलाइज एग गर्भाशय
- 2 years ago
Dr. Anshu Syed
Ectopic pregnancy symptoms (अस्थानिक गर्भावस्था) its Signs, Risk Factor, & Treatment
Dr. Anshu Syed from Amar Hospital, Mohali, has explained ectopic pregnancy symptoms, causes, evaluation process, and preventions.
What is an Ectopic Pregnancy?
There are several steps in pregnancy, from fertilization to delivery. One of these steps is when a fertilized egg travels to the uterus to attach itself. As explained by Dr. Anshu, this pregnancy is when the fertilized egg attaches to the fallopian tube, abdominal cavity, or cervix.
What are the symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy?
- Sharp waves of pain in the abdomen, pelvis, shoulder, or neck
- Severe pain that occurs on one side of the abdomen
- Light to heavy vaginal spotting or bleeding
- Dizziness or fainting
- Rectal pressure
According to Dr. Anshu, a practicing gynecologist at Amar Hospital, Mohali, the risk factors of ectopic pregnancy are:
- The risk of the pregnancy would increase if the female had an ectopic pregnancy once before.
- History of recurring pelvic infection as it causes tubal abnormality, which increases the risk of this pregnancy.
- Tuberculosis can be another risk-increasing factor for causing ectropic pregnancy.
- Uses of contraceptive pills taken to avoid unwanted pregnancy can be the cause of this pregnancy.
Treatment and prevention
Track your menstrual cycle. Take a pregnancy using the pregnancy kits available in the market if you miss your date. If the pregnancy test is positive, Dr. Anshu strictly suggests consulting a gynecologist. Whether you want to continue the pregnancy or not. Taking a pill from a pharmacist could be harmful. Consulting a gynecologist, she would perform an ultrasound to locate the actual location of the zygote. This way, one can find out at an early stage whether it is an ectopic pregnancy or no. According to Dr. Ansu, this pregnancy is easier to treat when diagnosed at an early stage. There is medical management done, and then the pregnancy is observed and investigated.
But on the other hand, it could lead to the zygote growing inside the fallopian tube if the ectopic pregnancy is not diagnosed and treated in the early stage. This could lead to tubal rupture. this results in severe internal bleeding and massive hamarage as the fallopian tube gets erupted. Which can be fatal. To avoid this pregnancy, Dr. Anshu suggests getting an ultrasound done. To locate the zygote and treat it at an early stage without complications. And consulting a gynecologist.